Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2013 Orlando Vacation

So, we recently got back from our trip to Orlando Disney with the kids. You couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!

Let's see, what would you like to know about our vacation? We got into Orlando around 6 on Tuesday and got over to the Encantada Resort that we were staying at. Of course, the kids wanted to get into the Disney parks and all the signs all around didn't help with that, but we didn't have that scheduled for the following day.

We hadn't eaten after the long flight and the kids were getting anxious, so we decided to order pizza from a local pizza place and head to the pool area.  I always forget how it seems the day lasts longer down there. The kids played in the pool and my mom, who lives in Ocala, came to visit us. Around 10, we pulled the kids upstairs to get ready to stay with Na-na  so we could go on the timeshare tour the next morning.  I'd like to tell you that me and my husband went out for a romantic evening without the kids that night, but we wound up just going to bed - man, we are getting old!

Anyhow, the next day, we got up early to go on the timeshare tour.  As many times as we have visited resorts in Orlando, there always seems to be something new! Each place is distinct.  I don't know if we were still just tired, or the charm of the resort just captured our hearts, but we may be reconsidering telling our tourguide no to buying a week timeshare.

After the tour, my husband and I took advantage of the kids being with my mom and had a nice brunch at Bob Evans then picked up the kids.  They were so ready to go!

Since we came down to celebrate Mother's day as well as my husband's birthday, my husband decided he was going to go spend time with an old friend playing golf at Falcon's Fire, while I got to play super mom with the kids at Magic Kingdom.  This was my daughter's first trip to Disney World.  You should have seen her face when she saw Belle. She turned to me with her big hazel eyes with a half astonished, half puppy-dog look in her face and asked "Mommy, can I be a princess when I grow up?" It was too adorable!

After walking all day, and the sun had set we found a great place to watch the fireworks.  I thought I got some good pictures of them, but still trying to figure out this camera on my phone. Even still, there's always something extra magical about fireworks, especially in this place.  After the fireworks were done, I could tell the boys were getting a bit grumpy, and although they insisted on staying, we got back to the car to head back to the resort. NOTE TO SELF: everyone leaves after the fireworks so expect traffic.

The next day, even though we wanted to sleep in, the kids were up early. My husband had gotten a bit of a sunburn from playing golf the day before, so I made sure I lathered him up with sunscreen with the kids as we headed to SeaWorld. The boys had never been there before and thought it was going to be "a stupid aquarium".  I had to tease them about that afterwards because they were so excited at the dolphin show and all the exhibits.  As we headed in to take our seats for Shamu, my husband took the boys into "the splash zone" while me and my little princess sought higher ground. When I asked the boys afterwards how they liked the show, my younger son, shivering, said "I-i-it w-w-was good".

We left the park early that afternoon and headed back to get changed.  We found a nice Mexican restaurant off 192 for dinner.  It was the first real meal we had as a family since we started our vacation.  Then headed back to the Encantada. We spent our last night relaxing by the picturesque pool area, while the boys ran back and forth from the arcade.

The next day we had to get going to catch our flight home.  Now, I figured the kids were going to give me the "Aww can we stay one more day?" routine, but after the boys had told my husband about the new Star Wars weekend, it was him I had to lay down the law with. LOL

Everyone had a great time and we're looking forward to our next vacation in a couple months. What was my favorite part? Besides getting a beautiful tan, seeing all my kids smiling for 3 days - even dad.

2 comments:

  1. Toni, Such a great story about your Orlando Disney adventure. I just made a decision to go there on my next vacation.

    I would appreciate if you recommend a travel agency, so I can book my vacation.

    Again, loved your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margarita! So glad you enjoyed my story! I don't know if I would use a travel agency, unless I was going overseas or on a cruise. They can get kinda pricey. But there are a ton of websites that have deals, you really gotta shop around.

    ReplyDelete