Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How to get the deals

As I am getting the family ready for our pre-summer vacation to Orlando to celebrate my husband's birthday, I realized that I started this blog to help people get the best deals on vacations.

Now, I know there are some big companies out there that give package deals for your vacation, but if you are like me, I don't like giving my money to big corporations if I can help it. But I'm not stupid either, I want to save money too!


One thing that I found out years ago was that if you go to a place that you have to take a timeshare tour, you get amazing deals! Sometimes it's tickets, or spending money for food or gas.  But most times it is a hugely reduced price for your vacation.  The problem is, you need to know how to play the game!

Timeshare companies are giving these great deals if you qualify.  It's kinda like getting a scholarship.  Sometimes you have to be married, sometimes single is OK. Sometimes you have to have to make a lot of money and pass a credit test, and some are more lenient.

These are some things I found out over the years.  My husband and I make a decent amount of money and have a good credit score. We, ok especially me, like to get out and see the world! We haven't exactly been sold on the timeshare thing, but as we go to these places we see the stipulation for getting a good deal being a timeshare tour as a personal tour through beautiful resorts.  Plus we find out about all the things going on in a city.

We also know that prices change all the time and that the resorts offering these deals only allot a certain amount of rooms for our little getaways. Because of that we try to have specific dates for our vacation ready before we shop around. Of course, we also know that if we are meeting for a business convention or a holiday, that the spaces will be limited, so we try to get the vacation coordinator to set us up as soon as possible.

Sometimes we do have the opportunity to take a last minute trip. Of course, we wouldn't be so stupid as to pick a place that a lot of people would be going to... we would rather find something new. We sometimes luck out on last minute deals and there is availability for these deals in more popular places, but that is rarely the case.

One last thing I forgot to mention.  I don't think you should play the system, and one day we might find ourselves a timeshare resort that we do like - we are getting older, you know and might actually settle down. But one of the rules is that you can't go to the same place within a certain time span - like a year or so.  So you have to ask questions. But that's no problem for us.  We have no problem bypassing Orlando or Las Vegas one year to go to Cancun.

I hope that helps you guys a little to get yourself prepared.  If you have any questions look me up on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/toni.farah.750

Florida here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment